Thursday, May 20, 2010

Worshiping and Waiting!! Oh yea I'm forgiven!

“I will worship while I'm waiting”

-John Waller

​This line from this wonderful song has become the meaning to each and every day here recently. As Staci and I are awaiting the birth of our first child we have been through ups and downs, but because of God’s mercy, Jesus’ blood, and great friends we have been able to “move ahead bold and confident”-Worship while I’m Waiting.

​We have been so blessed throughout this pregnancy and still feel that this was all part of God’s plan and that we are just along for the ride. As we are waiting on God’s miracle and our son to show up there is nothing I can think that is more appropriate then to worship while we wait. My prayer is that by God’s grace alone my son will be able to see his HEAVENLY FATHER through his earthly dad.

​To sit back and look at my life three (well even two years ago) I would have laughed if you would have told me I was going to be a dad. Now I CAN’T wait…well I can because I am, but I am really excited. We have some super godly people in our lives that have made the past 9 months go by as fast as possible. Over the last week my prayers for Logan have been through scripture provided by friends, emails, and twitter….yes even twitter. One that has hit my heart especially hard is Psalm 25 (http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Psalm+25&version=NIV) , especially versus 7 (7 Remember not the sins of my youth and my rebellious ways; according to your love remember me, for you are good, O LORD.) and 11 (11 For the sake of your name, O LORD, forgive my iniquity, though it is great.). My prayer for my son Logan has become Psalm 91( http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Psalm+91&version=NIV) , Ephesians 3: 14-21 (http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Ephesians+3%3A14-21&version=NIV), and John 10 (http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=John+10&version=NIV). I hope that you may find comfort or peace in one of the above scriptures.

​I know that most of you are “waiting” on something as well, and it may not be as exciting as a child. It may not be good at all, it could be cancer, divorce, unemployment, reconciliation with a friend of family, etc….just know this God’s grace is enough…it will sustain you. (http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=2+Corinthians+12%3A7-9&version=NIV)

​I pray that these words helped one of you who decided to read it, and even though some of you read this just to pick apart my words or my life I know that only because of the blood of Jesus I have been forgiven and resurrected with him. (http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Galatians+2%3A20&version=NIV)

​How unbelievable is God’s mercy, grace, and love. He forgave me and in just a short period of time is giving me this gift of a son. That has to rank up there with the transformation of Saul into Paul. Thank you God, Thank you JESUS….lets WORSHIP WHILE WE ALL WAIT!

Lord….. help us to worship as we wait on you to lead us through the days ahead….thank you for who you are and what you do for us! In CHRIST’s name AMEN!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment