Monday, April 6, 2009

A Special Day

Yesterday was such a special day for me. Yes it was Palm Sunday and yes I had the Sunday special at the "Crack" (Buttermilk battered Southern Fried Chicken). When we arrived at church at 9:30 sharp we (Staci and I) were called into the Pastor's office. No big deal (YEA RIGHT). You know you are in trouble when he is reaching out to hand you a yellow sticky note ( it always has a scripture to be read on it). Except this time it was a lot of scripture. 30 and 31 verses to be exact. Staci was immediately terrified. Everyone says "Oh I wouldn't do it!" or "I'm not a reader" or "I don't speak in front of people"." Well Staci would have said the exact same thing before we started the Experiencing God Bible Study. She knew that the Lord was working through Jay and through her and that she HAD to read that long scripture in front of the whole church. Our bible study says that your ACTIONS show what you believe about God. Normally Staci wouldn't have done it, but she knew that by not doing it she was saying "I can't do this and not even God can help me do it". However, this time her actions said "I can't do this, but MY GOD is BIG enough to do anything even through me." Matthew 19:26 Jesus looked at them and said, "With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible."
Now I am not calling out people who would have said the other comments, but my point is that Staci was the same way, but by trusting that God would give her strength to complete the assignment he had given her she was able to not only read the scripture in front of the whole church she was able to inspire others (especially me) and show just how BIG OUR God is. I was so proud of her.
I was so proud that it was even OK that I didn't read through my scripture all the way and slipped up on a word I knew. And to make matters even worse instead of correcting myself I followed with "or something like that."
I hope that through this true story you realize how big God is and that he is strong enough to help you do anything.

Matthew 19:26 (see above)
Mark 9:23 ("If you can’?" said Jesus. "Everything is possible for him who believes.")
Philippians 4:13 (I can do everything through him who gives me strength.)

Think about these Scriptures! Staci's actions said I may not can do this, but I know and trust God to give me the strength to complete this task and any other task he may have for me.
What are your actions saying about how big or strong your God is?

May God Bless you and give you strength.

No comments:

Post a Comment