Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Holy Week Part 1...Lyman UMC SERVICES

I all of a sudden had tons of ideas and words in my heart so once again I have decided to write/blog them down. This week is my favorite week of the year. It is the week where I do not celebrate because I am religious or enjoy church, but because I, like all humans, was born away from God and when Jesus died for me HE closed that gap!

As I was up late Sunday watching 3:16 by Lucado I was overwhelmed (a term that certainly describe my heart the last few days) with how much God loved me and all of you. That no matter what we are worthy of HIS forgiveness, if we weren't He wouldn't have let his Son die for us.

Luke 19:28-40 (New International Version)

The Triumphal Entry

28After Jesus had said this, he went on ahead, going up to Jerusalem. 29As he approached Bethphage and Bethany at the hill called the Mount of Olives, he sent two of his disciples, saying to them, 30"Go to the village ahead of you, and as you enter it, you will find a colt tied there, which no one has ever ridden. Untie it and bring it here. 31If anyone asks you, 'Why are you untying it?' tell him, 'The Lord needs it.' "

32Those who were sent ahead went and found it just as he had told them. 33As they were untying the colt, its owners asked them, "Why are you untying the colt?"

34They replied, "The Lord needs it."

35They brought it to Jesus, threw their cloaks on the colt and put Jesus on it. 36As he went along, people spread their cloaks on the road.

37When he came near the place where the road goes down the Mount of Olives, the whole crowd of disciples began joyfully to praise God in loud voices for all the miracles they had seen:
38"Blessed is the king who comes in the name of the Lord!"[a]
"Peace in heaven and glory in the highest!"

39Some of the Pharisees in the crowd said to Jesus, "Teacher, rebuke your disciples!"

40"I tell you," he replied, "if they keep quiet, the stones will cry out."

I am sure most of you heard this recently since it is the Palm Sunday story, but at a closer look there are several things we can take from it. These were the questions that had been laid on my heart Sunday before leaving home for church.

1. What has the Lord sent us to find? What is the Colt we should be bringing back?

2. What “cloak” should we be laying down for Jesus? A cloak was expensive/important and not something you would just throw on the ground, but for JESUS, YES throw it down!

3. If the Stones could cry out praises to Jesus shouldn’t we?

4. Why did they persecute him already? Religious leaders/teachers were ready to kill him, and JESUS knew this and let it happened. Jesus will work in spite of us not because of us, will be turn people away or bring them closer to Jesus with our actions and feelings.

I know these are different questions then we normally associate with Palm Sunday or this scripture, but they were questions laid on my heart. As this week continues Jesus will eat with friends who will betray Him, deny Him, and abandon Him in the last few hours of His precious life, but He still loved them upon His return.

As this week continues, may we learn what God has planned for us to Learn. May we learn how much HE loves us and may we ALL realize the price it cost so that we may be free.

If you are still reading this THANK YOU! I only write the things that God places on my heart and I pray that this week will be life changing for all of us. I am thankful for all the post and tweets that have shared the massive number of lives converted this week already! TO GOD BE THE GLORY!

Maunday Thursday, Good Friday (both @ 7pm), Easter Sunrise service 7am with a breakfast following. ALL AT LYMAN UMC please come join us if you aren’t having a service at your church. May we be ONE BODY and WORSHIP ONE LORD and SHARE ONE CAUSE and LIVE OUT ONE LOVE!

MAY GOD BLESS YOU ALL!

No comments:

Post a Comment