Sunday, February 15, 2009

Is any week Calm?

So another week has come and gone and once again it was a wild week. This has been a very tiring week, but a very inspirational one as well. I have been able to "experience" the beauty of God a bunch this week. It all began on Tuesday when after a very long day I was at church basically going through the motions waiting on basketball practice to be over. I guess I had been there checking on coaches, mingling with parents, and talking to friends for roughly 20 min. when I went to check on the cheerleading squad. Little did I know, that a little girl had just fallen and broken her arm, and yes it was very obvious it was broke. The children that witnessed this were all in the 5-7 year old age group. In the midst of this horrible thing God was right there. After checking on the little girl we moved the others to a classroom for numerous reasons. They weren't in that room for more then a few minutes and they were praying for their hurt teammate. The little girl had those prayers with her all night when at the last second before surgery the doctors were able to set the arm on the last try without surgery. On Wednesday I went on a "walk" with God as part of our bible study. I ended up getting my shoes soaked and my pants wet, but it was such a peaceful walk and time away from the hectic pace of my life to sit still and listen to God's beautiful creation. On Thursday I had a young man rejoin our Upward team after quiting a few weeks ago, just another God moment. I am truely thankful for these "God moments" even during sad times to help remind us that God is always right there with us and that all we have to do is slow down and look for him. Have a great week everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment