Thursday, February 26, 2009

Last Practice

Well tonight was our last practice for the Upward. We still have our game on Saturday and our awards ceremony on Sunday. I am definitely looking forward to a break after a long season with long hours, but I am going to miss my team and this league. This league has provided so many "God Moments" to help me through tough times this year. It has truely been amazing to see God working through this program to impact the lives of about 150 children, the majority of which come from outside of our church home. I thought that this year was going to be an administrative roll only, but that isn't what God had in mind. I have had so much fun with my team and fellow coaches. What a coaching staff, I was the head coach (talked to parents basically), Josh was the devotion coach, and Jake was our Basketball coach. Even the Lakers' couldn't handle that coaching staff. We end up with a great group of kids who I know have learned a lot about Christ and just maybe something about basketball. Some how I have been picked as the guest speaker at the awards celebration on Sunday and for the first real time I am nervous about speaking in front of a crowd. I know that God will provide me with the strength and the appropriate message, but it is a lot easier to sit behind a microphone inside the radio dial. So if you find time say a small prayer for me, our volueenteers, our league, and most importantly our kids.

Thanks! Oh by the way come see us Saturday I can teach you how to make a mean hot dog!

2 comments:

  1. Hey there! I didn't know you had a blog! :-) Welcome to the blogging world!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey!! I didn't know you had a blog!! :) I am glad that you do, now I can keep up with ya'll! :)

    ReplyDelete