Sunday, February 8, 2009

Long Journey

My life has been a wild wonderful journey that has been full of blessing. However, the wildest journey of my life took place over 24 years ago today. As I have my last piece of birthday cake for the night I have decided to share the story with the blogging world. My family hates this story even though they normally get a good kick out of it. My twin Sister (Anna) and I were born premature and supposively I was one of the smallest and ugliest babies ever. I am sad that Anna isn't here with me today, but we had lots of time together before we were born. I decided very early in the pregnancy that it was my job to take care of her and that is exactly what I did. Every day I spent countless hours fighting of infections and collecting antibodies to give to Anna. When times were tough and we didn't have much food I would go and gather enough for Anna to have even if it meant that I would go without. This went on for several months, until I eventually became used to it. It was hard work and caused me to stay tired and exhausted, but it had to be done so that I could fulfill my duties as a big brother.

The story gets even better. When the big day came I knew what had to be done and once again that was exactly what I did. It took some convincing, but finally we agreed that I would go check things out and if I didn't return within 5 minutes she was to come out and join me. Well there were tons of weird people and I cried alot, but I thought that it would be safe enough for Anna to join me so 5 minutes later she came out to join me and has been my "wombmate" ever since. Now we didn't always see eye to eye or even get along, but since we have grown up we have become so close. I hope desperatley that she changes her mind and one day moves back to the Upstate (even if it isn't to the Duncan area. There isn't anyone out there that understands how much I missing being around her all the time, but the most important thing tonight is to wish her Happy Birthday again and to thank her for my new son Wesley (puppy).

Thanks WOMBMATE. HAPPY BIRTHDAY! LOVE YOU :)

No comments:

Post a Comment